What is orthopaedic surgery?
Orthopaedic surgery is performed on bones, joints and supporting structures (tendons and ligaments).
GARS surgeons are well recognized, industry leaders in the field of veterinary orthopaedics with numerous publications in this field. Our hospital is superbly equipped with state of the art equipment and operating theatres.
Outstanding infection control protocols are in place to minimize the risk of surgical site infection. Our clinical service is supported by the latest technologies in diagnostic imaging. Computed tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), fluoroscopy and digital radiography (DR) are all available on site.
Orthopaedic procedures performed by GARS
- Tibial plateau levelling osteotomy (TPLO) for cranial cruciate ligament rupture
- CORA based levelling osteotomy (CBLO)
- Modified cranial closing wedge ostectomy (mod CCWO)
- Extracapsular suture stabilisation for cranial cruciate ligament rupture (Fastak, nylon leader line).
- External fixation: IMEX small large and mini SK, IMEX standard and mini circular
- Internal fixation: 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 2.4mm, 2.7mm and 3.5 mm plating systems with locking screws for 2.0/2.7/3.5/4.0, string of pearls (SOP) locking plates.
- Prosthetic ligament
- Toggle pins
- Transarticular ESF
Patella luxation surgery
- Tibial tuberosity transposition/distalisation
- Corrective osteotomies of the distal femur
- Block/wedge trochleoplasty
- Patella groove replacement
- Partial and pan
- Carpal and tarsal
- CUE (elbow)
- SynACART (elbow, shoulder, knee)
- Patella Groove Replacement
Angular limb deformity correction
Sliding humeral osteotomy
Juvenile pubic symphysiodesis (JPS) for hip dysplasia
Double pelvic osteotomy (DPO) for hip dysplasia
Joint resurfacing CUE (elbow), SynACART (elbow, shoulder, knee) and Patella Groove Replacement
Femoral head and neck excisional arthroplasty
Arthroscopy (stifle, shoulder, elbow, hock)